Saturday, November 7, 2015

Get Yourself Organized for Christmas Book Review

26204161Title: Get Yourself Organized for Christmas

Author: Kathi Lipp

Genre: Nonfiction, Christmas, Organization, Self-Help, Humorous, Handy Holiday Guide

Plot: Christmas comes around once a year and you eagerly look forward to it, reminding the stuffed stockings and glorious feast from your childhood, and the looks of joy on your children's faces from last year when they unwrapped the perfect gift beautifully wrapped by you, followed by a delicious meal with all your relatives and perhaps a memorable board game or two. But as the festive day draws nearer, you remember that it took you hours to find those perfect pricy gifts, you bought three times the amount of wrapping paper you needed because you couldn't find last year's stash {and then you found it the day after all the presents were wrapped}, and that delicious meal took all your energy to create but you still forgot the apple pie you wanted to make by hand with little dainty decorations baking into the crust. And for some reason, only one side of your house was lit up.

If you find yourself dreading another year like that or maybe just the whole season in general, Kathi Lipp's new book is exactly the dose of reality and encouragement that you need. Filled with twenty-one easy to understand {and more importantly, follow} projects to start now that will help your Christmas go off smoothly, this book will be dog-eared and highlighted in minutes and kept close at hand every year till you have the routine down. And even then, you'll still keep this book nearby because it might very well have saved you from another disastrous unorganized Christmas. From online shopping to present shipping to meal planning and stocking stuffers, this book covers everything and then some. And it'll make a great present for that bookworm friend of yours.

Likes/Dislikes: I loved this book! I love being organized and getting a jumpstart on Christmas is something I'm trying to do this year, so when I got the chance to review this book, I jumped at it. While I figured it would be a good idea to round up needed items such as tape and wrapping paper, and do the present shopping and shipping early, it had never occurred to me to meal plan for the whole month or make a Christmas binder of all my Christmas-related stuff, right down to secret hiding places and favorite recipes. I will definitely be buying a hard copy of this book {partly because it's so great and partly because the format I reviewed it in was a little funky}. There's plenty of great tips and ideas in here to make anyone's Christmas a smooth peaceful event.

Rating: G- 14 and up for reading level. Highly recommended for all ages!

Date Review Written: November 2nd, 2015


I received a free copy of this book courtesy of NetGalley in exchange for my honest opinion. I wasn't required to write a positive review and the opinions expressed in the above review are my own.

No comments: