Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Monday Blurbs ~ Third Edition

Yeah, I know I was suppose to have written and posted this on Monday. My bad. Anyway, let's see what my family and I watched over the weekend!


On Friday we didn't watch anything. Well, the news of course but that doesn't count. ;) On Saturday I watched Dragon Sword. Made in 2004 and apparently also titled George and The Dragon, this is an awesome movie! A handsome English knight named George returns from the Crusades tired from all the battles he's been through. Just wanting to settle down George goes to visit a kindly king whose daughter has recently disappeared. In exchange for a small plot of land George agrees to help look for the wayward girl and teams up with her betrothed Lord Garth. George finds himself in over his head when he finally meets the "sweet little lamb" of a princess and the dragon's egg she's protecting. I love this movie! I watch it every time it comes on, mainly because I haven't purchased it yet. I shall soon remedy that. *winks* Oh, a note on the poster to the left: I seriously have no idea why the girl's hair is brown when in the movie it's red. *shrugs*

When the movie was over I watched the NASCAR Nationwide race of course {uh, I can't remember who won} and all day long there was a Psych marathon on the Sleuth channel so, needless to say, I watched that for the majority of the day while bouncing around online during the awful commercials. Shawn Spencer has been raised by his policeman father to notice the tiniest details. Once "grown up" he has difficulty getting a job but likes to send the police anonymous tips. One day he gets the bright idea to masquerade as a psychic. He ropes his childhood friend Gus into the mix and the two make quite the team solving baffling cases, sometimes with Shawn's dad's help. The antics of Shawn and Gus are hilarious! Even if they do act a bit immaturely for grown men and sometimes the episodes of the show could be better but all in all it's really very entertaining. *wink*

We also watched an episode of MI5 which turned out to be a re-run though we hadn't seen it before of course. It introduced one of the main characters. On Sunday we had a barbecue so not much time to watch too much television or movies. We did watch the end of the NASCAR Sprint Cup race {the Brickyard 400 to be exact} which Paul Menard won; his family has been trying to win it for thirty years and he finally did it! In the evening we watched I Am Number Four with a friend of ours who hadn't seen it yet {my Dad hadn't seen it yet either}. Made in 2011 {wait, we're still in that year *facepalm*} and starring Alex Pettyfer {a.k.a. Alex Rider *wink*}, this sci-fi/action thriller is about a teenage refugee alien who is disguising himself as a regular teenager and trying to get through high school while these nasty bad alien dudes track him down with intent to kill. Somebody else is also tracking him down but that's a plot twist. Anyway, this movie had so much potential! I liked John err, Alex Rider, and his new friends at the high school and his guardian was so awesome! The fight scenes were really cool but why couldn't they have taken place during the day or in better lit rooms so we could actually see the cool stunts? Oh and those alien guys, the bad ones, are just so ugly and awful. No wonder they're the villains! *rolls eyes* I liked this movie but I liked Jumper way better.

And in the evening we watched the final episode of Zen. This whole three-parter show was really very interesting and unique in some ways yet not in many others. And the viewing experience was also quite interesting. The first episode we were all into it, the second my mom and I watched together and talked during all the cool dramatic conversation scenes so I don't honestly remember what that one was about, and this third episode I watched with my Dad {my brothers coming in and out of the room don't really count} and my Dad had the remote so he kept changing the channel at unexpected intervals. This was a little frustrating but a couple of times I was glad he changed it because there were at least three inappropriate bedroom/kissing scenes! Why, oh why do they have to put all those awful unwanted unnecessary scenes in perfectly fine shows and movie?! Ugh. Still, I guess for a final episode it was all right.

And that sums up my weekend. At least as far as movies and television are concerned. *wink* Catch ya later!

No comments: