Saturday, August 13, 2011

Eye-Candy for Booklovers.

Sooo, I don't have a book review to post today. Don't even have a backup book review. But not to worry; I shall simply share with you some books that have recently caught my attention. I love researching books! *grins and rubs hands together excitedly*

This is, apparently, the first book of three about Biblical King Hezekiah. It looks like a really good read!

The book behind the movie! I so have to read this one!

This looks cool; I mean, who doesn't like books about cowboys and Texas Rangers? *smiles innocently*

I've had my eye on this one for awhile so hopefully I'll be able to read it soon.

This cover is gorgeous! I don't remember what the book is about though.

The third book in a super cool trilogy I've been reading!

Mystery and romance; what a better combination? Ooh, it takes place in Regency England!

I don't really remember what this one was about either but it looks cool.

Spies! And that famous painting by that famous guy. *winks*

Epic! Yeah, don't remember what it's about. *winks*

This one sounded intriguing.

So did this one; all about a guy bouncing back and forth between two worlds. Cool.

This book looks really cool; now I just have to figure out how to get a hold of it. *winks*

9 comments:

RED~Scribe said...

The only book I've read in your whole list is Black. Please enjoy that one; though if you do, you're going to be stuck reading at least thirteen books to get the whole story. (Black, Red, White Green; Chosen, Infidel, Renegade, Chaos, Lunatic, Elyon; Showdown, Saint (my favorite) and finally Sinner. *raises eyebrow* Just make sure you read the books in order. :) They don't make much sense unless you do. And I'd hold out on Green until after you've read Showdown, Saint and Sinner. That's me, though.

Several of the other books look really interesting. I'll have to check them out.
(Crazy long comment, no?)

Unknown said...

Gods & Kings is awesome, one of my favorites! Re: Chasing Mona Lisa - I would recommend reading The Swiss Courier first. :) I've reviewed both of these on my blog if you're interested.

Elaine J. Dalton said...

@Eldra: thanks so much for telling me this! :D A friend of mine was telling me about Dekker and his books since I've never read any before; my friend talked mostly about Three. After the conversation I looked them up and the reviews on Showdown {I looked at it first because it had a cowboy on the cover ;)} said to read Black first. It looks very interesting.


@Ruth: thank you so much! I will definitely look up your reviews, especially since it was mostly the cover of Chasing Mona Lisa that caught my eye. ;)

P.S. I love long comments! :D

RED~Scribe said...

Yes, Dekker's books are definitely... interesting. Some of them (like Green and The Priest's Graveyard) are more "adult" than others, but overall they're really good reads. A word of warning: if you get creeped out easily (or even if you don't), make sure you don't read Showdown before going to sleep. Some of the imagery is... disturbing. :S But whatever you decide to do, be prepared for one wild ride.

Now if only I could write like Dekker does...

Elaine J. Dalton said...

@Eldra; personally, I don't think I'll be reading any of Dekker's books right before going to bed simply because I do tend to get creeped out easily. I read This Present Darkness by Frank Perettii once a few summers ago and though it was really hot outside, I didn't feel the heat because the book had chilled my blood. ;) I might've exaggerated but close enough anyway. Oh and then after reading Monster by Perettii I didn't relish the idea of having to go outside after dark for a few days. :) Is there anything mature in Black?

It takes practice to write like our literary role models; you'll get there with lots of it. ;) My friend who reads Dekker's books has the adrenaline rush down and he's got the suspense down too although he doesn't know it yet. He's still working on creeping me out though....I think. ;)

RED~Scribe said...

Eh, I don't think there's anything *too* graphic in Black, Red or White. Green definitely takes a more mature tone, though.

I've never read any Frank Perettii before. I really have been meaning to, but I just haven't found the time yet. I know my dad recently read This Present Darkness. My mom wouldn't let me read it, though.

Thanks for the encouragement! Hehe. Your friend sounds like fun!

Elaine J. Dalton said...

@Eldra: Thanks! That's all good to know! :D

Perettii is interesting; I'd recommend starting with Monster or Visitation since those are fairly mild compared to This Present Darkness or it's sequel.

You're very welcome! *giggles* Yes, my friend is a lot of fun. ;)

Tarissa said...

This list of books looks great! Hope you're enjoying the last bit of summer reading before school starts!

Elaine J. Dalton said...

I'm planning to since I'll be tutoring my siblings this school year. ;)