Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Monday Blurbs ~ Fifth Edition.

I was at a friends' concert on Monday and was depressed yesterday, thus explaining the lateness of this weekly post. I think I should type these out on Sundays. Anyway, let's take a look at what my family and I watched over the previous weekend. *smiles*







On Friday we watched a 1940s Sherlock Holmes film entitled The Woman in Green {1945}. Starring Basil Rathbone as Holmes and Nigel Bruce as Watson, this was an interesting movie to watch. I wasn't, however, too fond of the hypnotism part of the plot. The end was humorous though and I love Holmes and Watson's combined dry sense of humor. *winks*






On Saturday my sister and I watched Another Cinderella Story. Made in 2008 and starring Drew Seeley as singer/dancer/teen celebrity Joey Parker, Selena Gomez as Mary {a.k.a. Cinderella}, and Jane Lynch as Dominique {the stepmother}, this is a fairly fun movie. However, I simply cannot stand Gomez! Bleh. But Dominique, Tami, Dustin, the step-sisters Brit and Bree, and Joey are all very humorous characters and I like a couple of the dance scenes. My mom doesn't like this movie however; apparently the {often outrageous} teen humor doesn't appeal to her, which I can understand.






On Sunday we watched Sherlock: The Blind Banker. Starring Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock and Martin Freeman as Watson, this contemporary retelling of the classic Sherlock Holmes mysteries is a treat to watch. When a banker and a reporter are both found shot dead in their locked apartments, Holmes is called in to investigate {well, he invites himself to the party sorta} and the energetic consulting detective uncovers a Chinese smuggling ring operating right in London. However, the smugglers are aware of his presence and snoopery, putting both himself and Watson in danger of losing their lives. Epic! I love this show!

And that concludes what we watched over the weekend. My mom recently downgraded our satellite channel package due to the outrageous {I love that word!} price so we'll have to resort to our collection of DVDs and the library for our movies once more. Catch ya later!

2 comments:

ashley tahg said...

Basil Rathbone is, In my opinion, the best Sherlock ever. I LOVE HIM!!! If you haven't watched the rest of the Basil Rathbone-as-sherlock movies, I advise you to do so.

I can't use words to say how happy I am that one of my favorite actors has been here. Basil is my all time fave!!!!

Elaine J. Dalton said...

Haha, Rathbone is really good. I've seen a few other of his Sherlock movies - I just can't remember which ones at the moment. ;)