Saturday, June 11, 2011

Praying for Your Future Husband Book Review.

Title: Praying for Your Future Husband.
Author: Robin Jones Gunn and Tricia Goyer.
Genre: Christian, Nonfiction, Prayer.
Plot: Prayer is powerful; it’s the most powerful weapon available to Christians across the world. And the best part? It’s effective. Every day is a spiritual battle and one of the spiritual battles every unmarried woman engages in is for her future husband. So, how do we do that? In their book Mrs. Gunn and Mrs. Goyer provide us with an outline, a set of guidelines, some helpful tips, and a few inspiring true life accounts, including their own.
Laid out in thirteen easy to comprehend chapters that cover praying your future husband will be a God Lover to praying for his heart, for patience, understanding {coupled with forgiveness}, trust, loyalty and faithfulness, strength, protection {this is important as it pertains to the spiritual battles I mentioned earlier: Satan will do everything in his power to break down and take out a strong Christian man in any and every way possible}, intimacy, the List {yeah, you know what I’m talking about}, contentment, and commitment. The authors also include a list of fifty-two additional verses to pray for your future husband at the end of the book, and encourage the reader not to stop there but to write their own prayers, whatever God puts on their hearts.
The authors’ own personal stories, particularly Mrs. Goyer’s, are moving, inspiring and encouraging as we watch them search for the right man while drawing closer to God through the ups and downs of life.
Likes/Dislikes: This is a really good book. I highly recommend that every teenage or young adult unmarried woman read it. About the only thing I really didn’t like was that the authors kept switching between all these false modern translations of the Bible including NIV, MSG, NLT, CEV, GW, NASB, RSV, AMP, and NCV. My family and I believe that the KJV or NKJV are the only true, trustworthy versions of the Bible. I recommend that you read the verses in the translation with which you are most familiar and comfortable with. To download the first chapter free, please click the following link: http://waterbrookmultnomah.com/2011/02/03/sneak-peek-praying-for-your-future-husband-by-robin-jones-gunn-and-tricia-goyer/
Rating: PG-14 and up. Girls only. Highly recommended!
Date Report Written: June 11, 2011.
This book was provided free by the publishers. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions expressed in the above review are my own.

No comments: