Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Awesome Poem!

I read and enjoyed this awesome untitled poem by Naiad over at the Fairy Tale Forum and, having enjoyed it so much, I asked for and graciously received permission from the lovely poet to share it with you all. Enjoy!

Bread in three baskets,
three baskets on his head
the baskets tumble down
and he will soon be dead

it started with a dream
it kept him up all night
he told his fellow prisoners
the nightmare aired in light

then said the new guy, Joe
I can tell you what you’ve seen
if you really want to know
I can read your dream

His old jail buddy said fine
I had a weird dream Joe
I squeezed grapes into some wine
And gave it to pharaoh

“In three days you’ll be free
The king will want you back
When you are gone remember me
In this dungeon black”

He asked of his dream too
But was met with sorry face,
Joe said this dream you’ll rue
And then began to pace

You will be brought out
In three days you’ll be dead
I’m sorry but you cannot doubt
The crows will peck your head

Bread in three baskets,
three baskets on his head
the baskets tumble down
and he will soon be dead

1 comment: