Saturday, February 15, 2020

That Can Be Arranged Book Review

That Can Be Arranged by Huda FahmyTitle: That Can Be Arranged

Author: Huda Fahmy

Genre: Nonfiction, Comic, Humor, Romance.

Plot: Huda Fahmy is the author of the popular web comic, Yes, I'm Hot In This which humorously talks about her day to day life as a traditional Muslim woman in today's modern world. Her debut book features all new content and tells the often-hilarious story of how she met and married her husband, Gehad.

Divided into easily managed sections, this book tells us about Huda's early days of crushes and searching for a suitable suitor while swamped in Jane Austen's famous novels. Eventually, she beats the naysayers in her life and does find her dream man.

Likes/Dislikes: I would like to note that I personally am not Muslim but I love reading about Huda's adventures. I have learned so much about her culture and strongly encourage everyone to check her out when you get a chance. I don't usually read a lot of graphic novels so I'm very picky when I decide to read one and I'm glad I read this one. My one real complaint is that it was too short. I really wanted to keep reading and learn more about Huda, Gehad and their baby, their daily life and what other books she's become obsessed with over the years. Maybe there will be a sequel. I really liked that it was original content and not just her popular posts printed up. My favorite bits were the interludes as her empty coffee cup pile grew as she told the story.

Rating: G-all ages but mostly 14 and up.

Date Reviewed: January 25th, 2020

I received a copy of this book courtesy of Netgalley for my honest opinion and I wasn't required to write a positive review. The opinions expressed in the above review are my own.

No comments: