Saturday, February 22, 2020

This Is How You Lose The Time War Book Review

Title: This Is How You Lose The Time War

Author: Amal El-Mohtar and Max Gladstone

Genre: Fiction, Science Fiction, Romance, Time.

Plot: The Time War is slowly and meticulously waged in the tiny moments of each day, stretching years into the distance. A small tweak here, a snip there and the ripple effect takes over. Each side is convinced that they will win in the end and only Time will tell if that claim is true.

Red is the best at what she does. She was built for this war, in many ways, but she is more than her design. She is thorough and does a good job. Commandant is pleased. But one day she finds a letter in the rubble and unknowingly sets off on a path that will burn across the threads of Time itself.

Blue is also the best at what she does. She was grown by Garden and lovingly cultivated at arms' length to be the best. She matches Red stride for stride and taunts her with her words spanning across the echoing distance.

Each is convinced that they will win the war, but who will lose it?

Likes/Dislikes: This book was amazing! It was shorter than I expected it to be (novella length) and so breathtakingly gorgeous that I read it in one day and haven't fully recovered. I told my husband he has to read it and buy me a copy for my personal library. I liked both protagonists which rarely happens. I loved everything about this story! Trust me, you have to go read it!

Rating: PG-16 and up, mainly for reading level and content (some talk of sex but in the same vein as eating or sleeping).

Date Reviewed: February 6th, 2020

No comments: