Title: Annabeth's WarAuthor: Jessica Greyson
Genre: Christian, Fantasy, Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance
Plot: Annabeth was trained to use the sword by her warrior father and grew up separated from the girls and boys by this fact; the girls avoided her for her tomboy-ish ways and the boys beat her up for being better than them at such a manly activity. However, this never stopped her from becoming a sweet strong stubborn person and when circumstances force her to go on the run, living by her sword and fighting her own little war all by herself, Annabeth holds her ground steadfastly.
But she can't hold out forever and just when she needs it the most {whether she'll admit it or not}, God sends in help in the unlikely form of bounty hunter Ransom. Now aided by a strong skilled warrior, will Annabeth be able to win her war?
Likes/Dislikes: I've had the Kindle version of this book for a couple years now, just waiting to have time to read it, and I finally got the chance with my new birthday present. While there were some formatting issues with oddly placed paragraph breaks and commas that annoyed me, this was overall a really good story. I loved all the action, the adventure, the excitement and the sweet love story that gently unfolded throughout the story without distracting from it. Here and there it was a little obvious it was a debut novel, and I really wanted more backstory to everyone, more information about all these great characters. To me they were swaths of brilliant color that needed just a little more defining to be perfect, but I still really loved this book. I'll have to save up for the print version now.
Rating: PG-14 and up, mainly for content {violent sword-fights and a painful torture scene but nothing graphic}.
Date Review Written: October 20th, 2015.
No comments:
Post a Comment