Title: ExodusAuthor: Cliff Graham
Genre: Christian, Historical Fiction, Biblical Retelling, Action/Adventure, Bible Battles, Egypt
Plot: Not much is known about Caleb, not even by the men he commands. But one rainy day while the Israelites are stuck in camp waiting to attack the giants just over the ridge, Caleb's nephew coaxes his uncle to tell his story. And, reluctantly, Caleb begins his tale, going all the way back to life as a boy before journeying to the magnificent land of Egypt to work as a stone cutter.
Masterfully and powerfully written, the author brings to life one of every boy's favorite Biblical heroes in this epic tale of battles and hard lessons learned. A brutal story at times but consistent with the times it takes place in. Every boy everywhere will want to read this book.
Likes/Dislikes: In all honesty, I haven't completely finished this book yet. Teenage me would've devoured it, been somewhat disturbed by all the violence and then moved onto the next exciting rush in the form of another {possibly similar} book. Now I'm older, married and have a very adventurous little baby. My thirst for bloody adventure stories has slacked and I found it hard to get into this one. That doesn't mean it isn't intriguing, well written or a good book. It just means that my future son will love me for saving it for him. *smiles*
Rating: PG-16 and up, mainly for content {very brutal battle scenes, blood, etc. Mildly to extremely graphic, depending on your viewpoint}.
Date Review Written: August 6th, 2015.
I received a free copy of this book from the publishers in exchange for an honest review. I wasn't required to write a positive review and the opinions expressed in the above review are my own.
No comments:
Post a Comment