Thursday, June 4, 2015

Anna King Interview!

So if you all saw my promo post for Dorothy's Story then you're in for a treat because we're interviewing the author today!!!!

Welcome, Mrs. King, to my library! How are you on this lovely Spring day? I'm great, thank you.

Do tell us a little about your latest writing project! Right now I'm working on my second short story in the Amish Romance series I'm writing. It's called "Miriam's Story", and it's based on a character introduced in my first book, "Dorothy's Story".

What made you want to become a writer? I have always loved to read and I have a big imagination, so writing is a good fit for me.
How do you get inspiration for your stories? My stories are inspired by ideas that have been sparked in my imagination from things I observe in the world around me.

Are your characters inspired by real-life people, your imagination, or a mix of both? A mix of both. If I imagine a character, I will often pull traits into my character profile of people I know in real life that are similar.

Which area would you say you’re strongest in as a writer? {Plot, dialog, description, action, characterization, showing vs. telling, etc.} Characterization.

Which area are you weaker in? Plotting. I know where my main character starts out and ends up, but sometimes it takes me a while to figure out the journey in between.

What do you do when you hit writer’s block? Make myself a coffee and grab an Oreo cookie.

Do you have a favorite spot to write? My kitchen table.

Do you work best in peace and quiet or surrounded with background noise and action? I would probably work best in peace and quiet, unfortunately that's hard to come by at my house.

How do you decide which story to work on next? When I'm inspired by an idea, I develop it to the point of being a series of 3-5 books. Then I start at book one and write my way through to the last one.

Which genre do you prefer to work with? Romance, namely Christian romance. I love a good, clean love story.

Who has influenced your writing the most? I read books from a wide array of genres and author’s, and I think the stories that excel at bringing the characters to life are the ones I strive to emulate in my writing.

Who are your favorite authors? There are too many to list. I’m a reading fanatic.

I understand you’re a mother; how do you balance writing and motherhood? Some days better than others. I try to stick to a schedule to ensure nothing gets neglected. If I could just cut out a few hours of sleep at night, I would have it made. :)
What is your advice for other aspiring authors out there? Production and persistence. Keep writing and don’t get discouraged. Hard work pays off.

Where can my readers go to find out more about your books? I welcome everyone to join me on Facebook. Readers can also join my mailing list for sneak peeks of upcoming releases and other book related updates.

And for a random question, how many different types of cookies have you made? Not very many. I have a number of talents, and baking is not one of them. Now, as far as how many cookies I have tried, well that’s a different story altogether!


Thank you so much Mrs. King for visiting my library! Do come again; it was a pleasure working with you.

No comments: