Friday, May 23, 2014

The Amazing Spider-Man Movie Review

Title: The Amazing Spider-Man.

Starring: Andrew Garfield {Peter Parker/Spider-Man}, Emma Stone {Gwen Stacy}, Rhys Ifans {Dr. Connors/Lizard}, Denis Leary {Captain Stacy}, Martin Sheen {Ben Parker} and Sally Field {May Parker}.

Release Date: To theaters: July 3rd, 2012. To DVD: November 9th, 2012.

Genre: Remake, Action/Adventure, Superhero, Classic Comic.

Plot: A young Peter Parker comes across his father's office thrashed during a game of hide-and-seek. That same evening, he is left with his aunt and uncle while his parents leave on some unknown mission. They never return and Peter grows up with questions he can't answer. A normal average teenager, Peter Parker has one edge over his classmates: he's really good at science. When he comes across an file of his father's work, Peter uses it and his science ability to sneak into Oscorp. While there wandering around, he accidentally picks up a very special spider and gets bit. Within hours, he begins to develop newfound powers and abilities.

Experimenting with his new abilities and adjusting to them becomes a fun distraction. However, life still has a few curve balls to throw Peter and one of them is the unfortunate murder of his beloved uncle after they have an argument. Searching for his uncle's killer, Peter begins to develop his new persona of Spider-Man - a persona that will soon grow into legend.

Likes/Dislikes: Having seen the original Spider-Man movies, the animated cartoon series and read one of two comic books, I was keen to see this movie partly because it seemed to stick better to the original material than the first movies, and mainly because I was so happy they got a better actor to play Peter Parker. The first actor was horrible! I was really impressed with this new movie and my husband, who originally didn't want to see it, begrudgingly admitted that they did a much better job with it. I quite enjoyed it. The only part I didn't like was that there were too many spiders running around in it; I personally can't stand spiders - which is a little odd since I don't mind Spider-Man. Ah well.

Rating: Official rating: PG-13. My rating: PG-13. It's a little violent but all the 13 yr. olds I know can take a little violence.

Date Report Written: April 29th, 2014.

No comments: