Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Monday Blurbs ~ Eighth Edition.

Aha! We're back! I hope. After my impromptu "vacation" from blogging regularly, I'm getting my routine under control and will hopefully be back up and running full on by next week. Yay!




Okay, now to see what my family and I watched over the weekend. *rubs hands together* On Friday we started watching BBC's Wives and Daughters which is a long movie and based on Elizabeth Gaskell's novel of the same title. Made in 1999 and starring Justine Waddell, Bill Paterson, Tom Hollander, Anthony Howell and Michael Gambon {to name a few}, this is a classic worth watching again and again! It is about Molly Gibson, the only daughter of a country doctor who remarries a very silly woman who has an equally silly daughter. While dealing with the unwanted stepmother and stepsister, Molly is also burdened by grave secrets people entrust her with and her unwavering love for Roger Hambly who thinks of her only as a friend. I enjoyed it a lot.





On Saturday we watched Unstoppable. Made in 2010 and starring Chris Pine, Denzel Washington and Rosario Dawson, this is an epic action/adventure and totally grand! There isn't much of a plot but with a lead like Pine, sweet camera shots, plenty of action and a cool soundtrack, who needs a plot? *wink* The basic plot, based on a true story nonetheless, is this: an unmanned half-mile long freight train is on a collision course toward a major city and it is up to two brave men, Frank who is close to retirement and Will who is a newbie, both with personal issues going on in their lives, to stop it. I can't get over how great this movie is! However, there is a smattering of foul language {if you can handle Inception then you should be fine but it's still there} and a brief scene with suggestive background images. Frank's teenage daughters work at Hooters. *rolls eyes*

Needless to say, we continued watching Wives and Daughters on Saturday and Sunday {we finished it yesterday btw}. On Sunday my family watched something but I wasn't present so I don't know what it was. That pretty much sums up my weekend as far as what we watched is concerned. *wink* Catch ya later!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wasn't wives and daughters great? it one of my favorite bbc movies :) have you seen the new EMMA ? BBC remade one it is really good! you should check it out!! :)

Elaine J. Dalton said...

Totally. I've probably seen Emma since I've seen most of the different versions of Jane Austen's classics. ;)