Sunday, March 27, 2011

Quiz.


I saw this over at Whispers of the Wind and couldn't resist! ;) Enjoy!
1.What's your word count?I don't remember; numbers never stay in my head very long.

2. How long until you finish?
I have a deadline for the revision so sometime around June hopefully.

3. If you have finished, how long did it take you?
Well, I wrote the original draft at easy stages with several friends over the last two years. You do the math.

4. Do you have an outline?
No, I have an original draft! ;)

5. Do you have a plot?
Well, of course I have a plot!!


6. How many words do you typically write a day?
I never count them though I imagine it hovers somewhere in the hundreds; especially if I'm writing an exciting scene.

7. What was your greatest word count in one day?
Hmm, around a thousand I suppose. Never really counted.

8. What was your least impressive word count in one day?
Ten to twenty words. So lame.

9. What inspired you to write?
Jane Austen, G.A. Henty, C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, Louisa May Alcott, Edgar Rice Burroughs, H. Rider Haggard, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle – in a word, my heroes. ;) Oh, and my own love of good books and frustration at not being able to find the perfect one!


10. Does your novel/story have a theme song?
Uh, I don't think so.

11. Assign each of your major characters a theme song.
My main character already has, like, three! She's very complex.

12. Which character is most like you?
Probably Jarha; I can understand him the most.

13. Which character would you most likely be friends with?
What kind of a question is that?! I'm already best friends with all my characters!

14. Do you have a Gary-Stu or Mary Sue character?
Huh????

15. Who is your favorite character in your novel?
Probably my main character but I also like her buddies a lot and Aruternin rocks!!

16. Have your characters ever done something completely unexpected?
Yes; unfortunately three of them have the reputation of doing unexpected things all the time.

17. Have you based any of your novel directly on personal experiences?

Nope.

18. Do you believe in plot bunnies?
What's a plot bunny?

19. Is there magic in your novel/story?
I don't think so though there are a few interesting new developments.

20. Are any holidays celebrated in your novel/story?
Yes.

   
21. Does anyone die?
Uh-huh, yep. Very gruesome deaths too. ;)


22. How many cups of coffee/tea have you consumed during your writing experience?
I try not to have beverages around me when writing.


23. What is the latest you have stayed up writing?
In general or with this particular novel?


24. What is the best line?

"Hold; what's your name friend?" Jarha Zells asked, holding up one hand to stall the man's chatter, which he seemed to sense, could go on and on if left unchecked.

 

"Ah, now there's a story! My mother, bless her dear heart, wanted to name me after her father's uncle's nephew's half cousin's niece's sister's adopted pet pigeon and my father wanted to name me after his great-grandfather's twin brother's uncle's step-son's nephew, and my grandparents wanted to name me after themselves {imagine a scout introducing himself as Bertha! How absurd!} And there was this great big, huge, massive, gigantic argument the day after I was born as to what I would be called. So finally my older sister comes in and says, 'his name will be Welloldboy Val Castaway Flips' and that was the end of that."

 

25. What is the worst line?

Now how would I know that?!

26. Have you dreamed about your novel/story or its characters?
Yep; it's one of the most effective ways to get over a sticky situation in the plot.

27. Does your novel rely heavily on allegory?
Not this particular one.

28. Summarize your novel/story in under fifteen words.
Fifteen words indeed! Okay: "Princesses betrayed, guardians arrive, prince lost in action, lots of drama, big battle, insane spy." Told you that fifteen words don't cut it. ;)

29. Do you love all your characters?
Yes.

30. Have you done something sadistic or cruel to your characters specifically to increase your word count?
Haha! Who doesn't?!
J

31. What was the last thing your main character ate?
I don't think she ate. She just crashed out and went to sleep. Doing battle is a little tiring you know.

32. Describe your main character in three words.
Strong, insane, heartbroken.

33. What would your antagonist dress up as for Halloween?
None of the people, however evil or insane, celebrate that stupid
"holiday."

34. Does anyone in your story go to a place of worship?
Most of them go to church if they're in town; if they're snowbound in the mountains they just get out their Bibles and do some studying together.

35. How many romantic relationships take place in your novel/story?
Haha! Not telling, it would give too much away!!

36. Are there any explosions in your novel/story?
Well, of course there are explosions! What with the already explosive combination of insane scouts, spies, dragons, and being snowbound for months on end, you can bet there are explosions!

37. Is there an apocalypse in your novel/story?
Not exactly though some people think that the union of the two most insane and crazy persons ever born is the end of the world.

38. Does your novel take place in a post-apocalyptic world?
No, though the sequel might. ;)

39. Are there zombies, vampires or werewolves in your novel/story?
No way! Zombies would go back to the grave were they to meet my main characters, vampires would shrivel and dry up, and werewolves would promptly be killed.

40. Are there witches, wizards or mythological creatures/figures in your novel/story?
Witches and wizards would flee screaming in terror at the mere mention of my characters' names. There are other mythical beasts like dragons, dwarves and fairies of course, but they're not important.

41. Is anyone reincarnated?
absolutely NOT!!!

42. Is anyone physically ailed?
Ailed? As in wounded and near death?

43. Is anyone mentally ill?
No. Not exactly. . . . It depends on who you ask in my little fantasy world. ;)

44. Does anyone have swine flu?
Nope. Swine don't hang out in the snowy mountains.


45. Who has pets in your novel and what are they?

My main character has a Northern Harrier falcon, Aruternin has a hound dog {I think}, and then there are horses of course, and that dragon.

46. Are there angels, demons, or any religious references/figures in your novel/story?
No.

47. How about political figures?
No.

48. Is there incessant drinking?
No; they only drink a little wine when they're sick or wounded.

49. Are there board games? If so, which ones?
Chess.

50. Are there any dream sequences?
Like nightmares and flashbacks? Yes. Prophetic dreams? Not so much.

51. Is there humor?
Sure is.

52. Is there tragedy?
Uh, read the book and find out because I'm not saying!

53. Does anyone have a temper tantrum?
Hmm, yes.
J Several times actually.

54. How many characters end up single at the end of your novel/story?
Anyone under twenty; with the exception of Benadiah and his lady who are forced to wait a few years till they're older.

55. Is anyone in your novel/story adopted?
Not exactly.

56. Does anyone in your novel/story wear glasses?
Yes. And yes, it takes place in a Medieval-style fantasy world.

57. Has your novel/story provided insight about your life?
Why would it?

58. Your personality?
Are we still on the insight question?

59. Has your novel/story inspired anyone?
Nope. ;) Well, except for my darling friends who wrote it with me. It's a series you see.


60. How many people have asked to read your novel/story?
No one expect those who helped write the original.

61. Have you drawn any of your characters?
Never even tried; I'm not very talented with art.

62. Has anyone drawn your characters for you?
Yes; one of my co-authors did. She's an awesome young lady!

63. Does anyone vomit in your novel/story?
Not yet they haven
't!

64. Does anyone bleed in your novel/story?
Yes; lots of bleeding happens and blood is spilled everywhere! Hahaha!!!!!

65. Do any of your characters watch TV?
No, but if they did have TV Doomer would certainly watch it.

66. What size shoe does your main character wear?
*snorts* Who cares??

67. Do any of the characters in your novel/story use a computer?
No.

68. How would you react if your novel/story was erased entirely?
Well, I've already lost my copy of the original but thankfully my buddies all have copies.


69. Did you cry at killing off any of your characters?

No; I never cry.

70. Did you cheer when killing off one of your characters?
*grins wickedly* Not saying.

71. What advice would you give to a fellow writer?
Read the masters {most of which were already mentioned}, limit your intake of television and movies, don't play computer/video games, and read, read, read! But under no circumstance should you read anything that was published after 1960; especially anything you find in the teen section at your local library!!!

72. Describe your ending in three words.
Not again; ARUTERNIN!!!

73. Are there any love triangles, squares, hexagons, etc.?
Nope. ;)

74. On a scale of 1-10 (1 being the least stressful, 10 being the most) how does your stress rank?
About a 2. I already wrote most of it so the revision should go pretty smoothly. If only the weather would let up! ;)

75. Was it worth it?

Was what? The novel or this quiz thing?

No comments: