Friday, November 12, 2010

New Schedule and Announcements.

This morning I had a few good ideas and have decided to share them. All week, at the back of my mind, I've been brainstorming over what to do with this blog and how to get more followers; I haven't figured out the follower bit yet but the results from the rest of the brainstorm look fairly interesting.

So, here they are!! The new posting schedule first off. On Sundays {if I get on at all, which I might not regularly, it is the Lord's day after all} I will post Bible verses and chapter excerpts; on Wednesdays {I've always liked Wednesdays :)} I'll post any neat or interesting quotes I've come across or excerpts from a favorite book or the current book that I happen to be reading; on Saturdays I'll post either a book or a movie review for your enjoyment. On other days of the week, I'll possibly post a poem I've written or one of my few short stories or maybe even an excerpt from my latest novel; tantalizing tidbits from a writer's work desk!! Or, in my case, the dining room table via my laptop {which is still new, though I have gotten the keys broken in, so to speak ;)}.

Now, here's the bit where you, the followers, come in. First, I've never been very good at forming habits so I might need your help to remind me of the new, above schedule and my promise to post more regularly. :) Second; after scanning the archives, if you don't see your favorite book or movie listed and you'd like a review done on it, or any other book or movie; please, please feel free to request reviews! I sometimes draw blanks when it comes to what to review so requests would be helpful. I must warn you, however, that if the book or movie contains graphic violence {blood and guts squirting out everywhere}, rape or other sexual scenes {even if there's a high amount of kissing or describing how pretty the girl looks in certain clothes}, foul language {especially God's name being taken in vain}, or evolution {it's stupid and unproven, why review it?}, then I won't review the book or movie; chances are good that I won't even read or watch it either, or if I have then I won't review it. My guideline for this can be found at the top of the blog; the verse form Philippians. Other than that, do please request reviews!! :)

And now, for some exciting announcements!! Coming soon will be comparing a book and movie reviews {ya all know how books are made into movies right? Ever wanted a comparison review of them both?}, and multiple-versions reviews {if you've seen any or all of The Christmas Carol films then you'll know what I'm talking about ;)}! And, as a special holiday celebration or acknowledgment or or however ya call it; all December long will be reviews of Christmas movies, both classics and some newer ones!! {Plus, it's not like there's very much else on in December, right?} :)

See? I did have a few pretty good ideas, didn't I? ;)

No comments: